New single to be launched by Just William and the Outlaws
- Credit: Archant
ELY songwriter Will Law is launching his lastest single during a performance at Deans Bar in Ely on December 20.
The single by Just William and the Outlaws is called The Invisible Man, and comes hot on the heels of the single It’s a Long Long Way to Tennessee, recorded by the 20-year-old earlier this year.
Inspired by words from a seller of the Big Issue, The Invisible Man is a moving three minutes, narrating the thoughts of a homeless man begging on the streets.
The single - which also includes a track called I Wonder How They Sleep? - is already bieng champion by 6 Music’s Tom Robinson, local BBC Introducing teams, and Amazing Radio’s Gary Crowley.
After the new track was played on the BBC, Will said: “I wrote this song about three or four years ago, and back then I never imagined that I’d even have a recorded version of it, let alone having it played on BBC Introducing.”
You may also want to watch:
Profits from the CD and the single launch party at Deans will be donated to Emmaus Cambridge.
Also playing at the launch event will be Kerry Devine, Factory Girl and Becky Law.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Car crashes into wall outside village Co-op
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
Tickets cost £5, and can be obtained from www.justwilliamandtheoutlaws.com/tickets or cal 07967 056346.