New film club launching in Ely
A new film club is set to launch next month in Ely.
Organisers of the Babylon Film Club say they will be showing award-winning arts house and foreign language films not previously seen in the city.
The club will run at the Babylon Gallery, in Waterside, and is set to launch on Friday, March 27.
Allison Morris, who is running the club, said: “Our launch film on March 27 will be the multi-award winning Boyhood.
“It won best film and best director awards at both the Golden Globes and the BAFTAs. Patricia Arquette won best supporting actress at the Golden Globe, BAFTA and Oscars for her role in the film.”
You may also want to watch:
The club will meet monthly and a bar will be available for guests to enjoy a glass of wine or beer with the films.
The club will be limited to 50 members and will show 10 films a year. Other films planned in our first six months are Ida, ’71, Big Eyes, Lucy and Nightcrawler.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
For more information, contact Allison on email@example.com or pick up a leaflet at the gallery or Ely Cinema.