New film club launching in Ely
A new film club is set to launch next month in Ely.
Organisers of the Babylon Film Club say they will be showing award-winning arts house and foreign language films not previously seen in the city.
The club will run at the Babylon Gallery, in Waterside, and is set to launch on Friday, March 27.
Allison Morris, who is running the club, said: “Our launch film on March 27 will be the multi-award winning Boyhood.
“It won best film and best director awards at both the Golden Globes and the BAFTAs. Patricia Arquette won best supporting actress at the Golden Globe, BAFTA and Oscars for her role in the film.”
The club will meet monthly and a bar will be available for guests to enjoy a glass of wine or beer with the films.
The club will be limited to 50 members and will show 10 films a year. Other films planned in our first six months are Ida, ’71, Big Eyes, Lucy and Nightcrawler.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 9 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
- 10 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
For more information, contact Allison on email@example.com or pick up a leaflet at the gallery or Ely Cinema.