Neil Hilgrove College to perform at St George’s Church
- Credit: Archant
The South-African born pianist Neil Hilgrove Colledge will give an evening recital at St George’s Church, in Littleport, on September 27.
Neil studied in London with Eric Hope, whose own teacher had studied with a pupil of Clara Schumann.
Neil has played and broadcast in France, Holland, Belgium, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany and Gibraltar.
He has performed at The Salle Gaveau in Paris,The Adlon Hotel in Berlin, The Auditorio Cavour in Rome and The Queen Mother’s private chapel, in Windsor.
He enjoys the rare distinction of having played for four kings, two state presidents, three prime ministers and 20 foreign ambassadors.
You may also want to watch:
He has notched up more than 5,000 public appearance during a career that has spanned almost four decades.
Tickets for the recital, which starts at 7.30pm, are £5 - available at the door.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor