Mother and daughter Chris and Kellie While to perform at Mepal
- Credit: Archant
TWO generations of singers come together at Mepal Village Hall on February 23, when mother and daughter Chris and Kellie While take to the stage.
The world class vocals of internationally lauded Chris, and the uncannily similar quality of daughter, Kellie, will combine for an evening of unforgettable live music.
Their pleasure in singing together is obvious and when they duet, it’s easy to lose sight of who is who even though separately they have their own distinctive sound and style.
Kellie says: “For us, singing together comes almost as naturally as breathing. It feels right, and I suppose that’s partly due to our special bond and to the physical aspect of being related and partly because it’s something we have done ever since I was small.
“There’s no ego, no competition - just two women who love to sing together for the pure joy of it - we just happen to be mother and daughter.”
Chris is recognised as one of the finest singers on the acoustic circuit both in the UK and around the world. She tours, writes, records and performs both as a soloist and with singer-songwriter Julie Matthews.
Kellie tours annually with the Albion Christmas Band, and has provided guest vocals for some of the most respected names in folk including Eddi Reader, Fairport Convention, Beth Nielsen Chapman and Martin Simpson.
- 1 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Petition launched to save village pub
- 5 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
The concert comes to Mepal as part of the Arts in Cambs on Tour programme. The concert starts at 7.30pm. and there will be a licensed bar. Tickets cost £6, £5 for concessions and £4 for under 16s on the door, available from Mepal Stores. Entry costs an extra 50p on the door.
For information call 01353 778129.