Month of music, theatre, art and dance throughout Isle of Ely Arts Festival
- Credit: Archant
Isle Of Ely Arts Festival returns to the city this weekend for a month of events.
Celebrating theatre, music, visual arts and dance throughout East Cambridgeshire, the festival brings together local and community performances alongside professional artists.
This year’s event will be launched by renowned cellist Guy Johnston and pianist Melvyn Tan, who will perform at Ely Cathedral this Saturday (June 11).
Other festival highlights include an evening with Sing!Choirs - a 70-person group who will sing songs from West End shows in the stunning surroundings of the Bishop’s Garden in Ely.
There will also be a Shakespeare Quest, celebrating 400 years of the Bard; touring theatre performances from the Isle of Ely Players and film screenings from The Globe.
You may also want to watch:
The festival runs from June 11 to July 10.
For more information and to book specific events visit www.isleofelyartsfestival.org.uk
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines