Miranda Sykes set for solo show at Ely Folk Club in January
- Credit: Archant
Miranda Sykes, singer and bassist with Show of Hands, is returning to her roots with a solo tour that stops off in Ely in 2018.
After a career spanning over 20 years and having played with many of the top musicians and singers within the folk world, she will be touring as she started out: one woman, one bass, and one guitar.
Miranda’s debut solo album ‘Borrowed Places’ draws its inspiration from the songs and landscape of her native Lincolnshire but seen through the eyes of someone who has lived away for many years.
The show will include previously unheard tracks from her forthcoming album due for release in 2019.
Miranda plays Ely Folk Club, The Old Dispensary, from 8pm on Wednesday January 17.
You may also want to watch:
For tickets call 01353 740999 or visit www.elyfolkclub.co.uk
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor