Patriotic Concert to be held in Ely to mark 100 years since the Great War and local soldiers who lost their lives
- Credit: Archant
A patriotic concert in memory of local soldiers who gave their lives in the First World War will be held by The City of Ely Military Band.
It will feature music of the British Isles, to include marches and orchestral pieces by Eric Coates, Franz von Suppe, Henry Wood and John Ansell.
Excerpts from Henry Wood’s Fantasia on British Sea Songs and Elgar’s Pomp and Circumstance No. 1 will be performed, along with a flag waving traditional prom ending.
The concert will take place on October 14 at Ely College, Downham Road, from 2.30pm to 5pm.
Tickets are £6 and can be bought from Burrows Bookshop in High Street Passage.
You may also want to watch:
“This is in memory of all those local soldiers who laid down their lives so that we may live.”
They perform at a variety of engagements throughout the year, ranging from summer performances for the local villages to ceremonial occasions and their own seasonal concerts.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph