Miles Jupp brings David Tomlinson’s story to life at the Cambridge Arts Theatre
- Credit: Archant
One of Britain’s leading comic actors Miles Jupp (Mock the Week, The Durrells) brings David Tomlinson’s remarkable story to life at the Cambridge Arts Theatre from Tuesday 10 to Saturday 14 September.
A richly comic and moving tale of fathers and sons across generations, The Life I Lead fills in the blanks behind a very well-known face.
Best remembered for playing Mr Banks in Disney's classic film Mary Poppins, David Tomlinson was renowned for playing the classic English gent - forthright, proper and a loveable fool.
His meeting with Walt Disney came to encapsulate his incredible life full of adventure and heartbreak.
The man who portrayed one of cinema's most famous patriarchs was defined by his relationship with his own father - a remote eccentric, who has hiding an extraordinary tragicomic secret.
You may also want to watch:
Shows start at 2.30pm and 7.45pm. Book tickets, £20 to £30, online.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station