Mepal and Witcham School fete is a hot success
- Credit: Archant
Face painting, bouncy castles and a dog show were all features of the annual summer fete at Mepal and Witcham School.
The event was organised by the Friends of Mepal and Witcham and raised around £1,200 for school funds.
Friends secretary Amy Tandon said the event was well attended and they were delighted with the amount raised.
The dog show as well supported with a good number of family pets entered, although entries were slightly down on last year because of Saturday’s heat.
Other attractions included pony cart rides, a barbecue, fete games and a coconut shy.
You may also want to watch:
The money raised will go towards extras for the school including black out blinds for the hall and an overhead projector.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident