Malcolm Gaskill bringing his new book to Ely
- Credit: Archant
History professor Malcolm Gaskill will be in Ely on Thursday to talk about his new book.
In his new offering In Between Two Worlds: How the English Became Americans, Gaskill tells the epic story of how 350,000 people crossed the Atlantic from England, creating new lives and identities in America.
With flair and sympathy, Gaskill recounts the changing and challenging world that confronted the English settlers as they established communities from Newfoundland to the Caribbean.
A professor of early modern history at the University of East Anglia, Gaskill has published five books, mostly about early modern witchcraft and witch-trials, but also crime, spiritualism, and colonial migration.
He will be at Topping and Company bookshop, in High Street, on January 22.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the event, which starts at 7.30pm, are £5 when booked in advance. For more information, and to purchase tickets, visit www.toppingbooks.co.uk or call 01353 645005.
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony