Make the most of your talent with spoken word workshop
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters who enjoy telling stories, rap or poetry, are being invited to attend the Littleport Spoken Word Workshop and Slam on June 20.
Hosted by poet Hollie McNish and freestyle rap champion Inja, the workshop will give 13-16-year-olds the chance to tell stories and write lyrics with some of the best spoken word artists in the country.
Hollie McNish is a regular performer at Glastonbury Festival, on Channel 4, BBC Radio 1 Extra and at festivals and events around the world. She was UK Slam champion in 2009 too.
Inja has toured the world with major hip hop, drum n bass, dubstep and grime artists, as well as being a lyrical wizard when it comes to freestyling.
He also hosts the UK and World DMCs – the world’s biggest DJ Championships.
You may also want to watch:
The workshop runs from 10am until 3pm on Saturday, June 20, and, from 3-4pm, guests will get a chance to perform their work in front of family and friends. Refreshments will be provided throughout the day, but attendees will be expected to bring their own packed lunches.
The workshop is being held at St George’s Church, in Church Lane, Littleport and registration costs £4 per person.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
Places are limited so book your ticket in advance by telephoning or emailing the team at ADeC on: 01353 616991 or firstname.lastname@example.org