Make the most of your talent with spoken word workshop
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters who enjoy telling stories, rap or poetry, are being invited to attend the Littleport Spoken Word Workshop and Slam on June 20.
Hosted by poet Hollie McNish and freestyle rap champion Inja, the workshop will give 13-16-year-olds the chance to tell stories and write lyrics with some of the best spoken word artists in the country.
Hollie McNish is a regular performer at Glastonbury Festival, on Channel 4, BBC Radio 1 Extra and at festivals and events around the world. She was UK Slam champion in 2009 too.
Inja has toured the world with major hip hop, drum n bass, dubstep and grime artists, as well as being a lyrical wizard when it comes to freestyling.
He also hosts the UK and World DMCs – the world’s biggest DJ Championships.
The workshop runs from 10am until 3pm on Saturday, June 20, and, from 3-4pm, guests will get a chance to perform their work in front of family and friends. Refreshments will be provided throughout the day, but attendees will be expected to bring their own packed lunches.
The workshop is being held at St George’s Church, in Church Lane, Littleport and registration costs £4 per person.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 5 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 6 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 7 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 8 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 9 Students ‘over the moon’ to receive letter from The Queen during project
- 10 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
Places are limited so book your ticket in advance by telephoning or emailing the team at ADeC on: 01353 616991 or firstname.lastname@example.org