Lodestar festival welcomes 4,500 music lovers for seventh year with headline slot from Razerlight
- Credit: Archant
Lodestar festival returned for its seventh year this weekend welcoming 4,500 music lovers to its 200 acre Cambridgeshire setting.
Boasting stand-out performances from Razorlight, The Sunshine Underground and Kitten, the latter who were flown in from LA for the event, this year’s three-day party offered more than 40 bands and DJs.
Doug Durrant, founder of Lodestar, said the festival attracts people of all ages.
“Everyone was jumping around. We had everyone from toddlers up to people in their 80s come this year.
“Once again there was a really great atmosphere and I intend to keep it that way - the site seems to evoke feelings of being chilled and happy.
“With the bands we put on, a lot of people say they haven’t heard of them, but over half of them could be headline acts. In fact, at least eight of our acts from over the years have gone on to perform at Reading & Leeds and other bigger festivals.”
Mr Durrant added that the site has a special place in his heart.
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 4 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Poet, Jo, shares poem in memory of sister to mark World Cancer Day
“I’ve farmed here all of my life and so many people have said they feel it’s a really special site.
“It’s great to have a music festival that’s on Cambridgeshire’s doorstep.”