Local ales on offer at the 4th Elysian Winter Beer Festival
- Credit: Archant
REAL ale lovers can sample the finest tipples while raising money for charity at the 4th Elysian Winter Beer festival this weekend.
The two-day event is organised by the Ely and District Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) branch and will take place at The Maltings on Friday and Saturday.
Among the 65 ales on tap will be beers from local breweries, Milton, Cambridge Moonshine, and Buntingford.
Ely CAMRA chairman Phil Wignall said: “We will also have beers from two new localish new breweries, Bexar County and Mile Tree, as well as local cider from Pickled Pig, Hereward and Tree Of Plenty
“We should have some bottles from local brewers as well. We also have at least 26 reserve beers, so hopefully we won’t run out.” In total there will be 65 beers, 15 ciders and 20 foreign beers available.
You may also want to watch:
Festival organiser Dan Chinery added: “The range of cask ales, foreign beers and ciders on offer has been chosen to reflect the diverse array of tastes and styles available, and we hope there will be at least one beer to suit each customer’s palate.”
Money raised will go to East Anglian Air Ambulance.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
The festival will be open from 11am-10pm on Friday and from noon to 8pm on Saturday, with last entry on Saturday at 6pm. Food is available at all sessions.
Admission is £1 per person and free for CAMRA members.