LETTER: Woman asking for Party on the Hill refund says ‘don’t blame the council’
- Credit: Archant
I was appalled by the organisation of the event on Saturday night, Party on the Hill.
The reason I paid £32 for my ticket was to see Adam Ant, I was not in the least interested in the other acts with the exception of Shayne Ward who regrettably pulled out.
I was lead to believe that Adam Ant was the headlining act, so why was it left until 11.30pm until he eventually came on.
A half hour set for over £30 is absolutely not acceptable.
I don’t need to highlight all the issues as I would hope that you are acutely aware of them.
The whole evening turned into a embarrassing fiasco with poor sound and appalling time keeping.
It is also unacceptable for a spokesperson to come on stage at around 11.15 to tell an annoyed crowd that the leading act’s set would be cut significantly short and continued to blame the council for the curfew.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 4 Replacement home not good enough says council
- 5 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 6 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 7 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 8 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 9 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 10 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
The noise curfew is there and has been there for many years to protect local residents, the events organisers should be aware of this and the event was scheduled to finish at 11, this is the time it should’ve finished.
Don’t blame the council!
I would like a refund please.