LETTER: Woman asking for Party on the Hill refund says ‘don’t blame the council’
- Credit: Archant
I was appalled by the organisation of the event on Saturday night, Party on the Hill.
The reason I paid £32 for my ticket was to see Adam Ant, I was not in the least interested in the other acts with the exception of Shayne Ward who regrettably pulled out.
I was lead to believe that Adam Ant was the headlining act, so why was it left until 11.30pm until he eventually came on.
A half hour set for over £30 is absolutely not acceptable.
I don’t need to highlight all the issues as I would hope that you are acutely aware of them.
You may also want to watch:
The whole evening turned into a embarrassing fiasco with poor sound and appalling time keeping.
It is also unacceptable for a spokesperson to come on stage at around 11.15 to tell an annoyed crowd that the leading act’s set would be cut significantly short and continued to blame the council for the curfew.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
The noise curfew is there and has been there for many years to protect local residents, the events organisers should be aware of this and the event was scheduled to finish at 11, this is the time it should’ve finished.
Don’t blame the council!
I would like a refund please.