Learn how to put together a mosaic at unique workshop
- Credit: Archant
If you are looking for something fun, creative and original for your family to do, why not head down to a mosaic-making workshop at Mepal Outdoor Centre with talented artist, Carolyn Ash.
On Thursday and Friday, August 28-29, from 10am-3.30pm, Carolyn will transform the mosaic into a large outdoor mural.
This is one of three murals which will be created over the next few months to celebrate and highlight the area known as the ‘Ouse Washes’.
The other two locations are Denver Sluice and the Welney Wetlands Centre. There will be opportunities for the public to get involved with designing and making the murals at all three locations. Look out for further information in your local area and on the ADeC website.
The workshops are free and you can drop in any time. Another workshop will also take place on September 1. Stay as long as you like - for a few minutes or several hours. No experience is necessary as Carolyn will guide you through all aspects of this popular and absorbing activity. All ages and levels of skill are welcome.
You may also want to watch:
The community murals have been made possible by a Heritage Lottery Grant to the Ouse Washes Landscape Partnership, The scheme was set up to raise awareness and encourage greater local engagement with this special, but little-known area of East Anglia which stretches from Downham Market to St Ives.
ADeC successfully applied for funds to commission the murals which will enhance the area and become a permanent feature of the landscape.
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 Heroin dealer kept machete at home