Lazy Sunday afternoon, I’ve not no mind to worry ... new music venture at Ely Townhouse
- Credit: Archant
THE Townhouse pub in Ely is launching a series of free admission Sunday afternoon live music events, starting on Sunday March 3.
Appropriately entitled “Lazy Sunday Afternoons” - these informal concerts will consist of soloists, duos and trios usually performing two 45 minute sets of both covers and occasional self compositions over a wide variety of musical genres.
The first event at the Market Street venue features local troubadour and Americana acoustic roots soloist Phil Crawford, having freshly returned from a number of shows in Ireland and performing both originals and classic covers from his wide repertoire.
Promoter David Wisbey said “ We‘ve got various types of performers and fine accomplished musicians lined up - including folk, blues, jazz, country, 60’s beat-era and even comedy acts from both local established artists and those from further afield.
“The landlord and myself felt their was a gap in the market locally for those wishing to enjoy free live music in a relaxed setting on a Sunday afternoon and providing the shows are supported, then we’ll continue with it every Sunday for the foreseeable future. There will also be a DJ playing classic records that lean towards the genre of the act both before, during the interval, and after their set, so we’re aiming to put on a bit of a show but in a casual environment with seating and tables throughout the venues room areas so customers can partake in watching and listening to a degree that suits them”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in attending or acts wishing to perform can view the full list of March 2013 bookings, keep up to date with future shows or get in contact via the website: www.facebook.com/townhouselivemusic
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely