Landmark anniversary for top Cambridge choir
THIS Olympic year sees Cambridge Voices - one of Europe’s foremost choirs - celebrates its 25th anniversary.
So, what better way to celebrate than by performing Bach’s gigantic Mass in B minor, presented in the finest Lady Chapel in the world, here in Ely’s glorious cathedral.
The B Minor Mass is Bach’s single largest creation, which he never heard performed in his lifetime. Deeply spiritual, combining optimism with a sense of inner fulfilment.
Forty past and present members of the choir will come together for this one-off, momentous event from 7pm on August 27 surrounding the audience with a surround sound, aural experience.
The performance will be accompanied by the choir’s own, exclusive baroque orchestra, The Orchestra of the Age of Reason, led by virtuoso violinist Helen Roche.
You may also want to watch:
Together, they will create an utterly magical experience, under the direction of their dynamic and sparkling founder and director, Ian de Massini.
Tickets, priced between �16-�25, are available online at www.adec.org.uk, via the ADeC box office on 01353 669022 or from Ely Cathedral’s box office on 01353 660349.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph