KD Theatre Productions cast are ready to bring pantomime to life at The Maltings in Ely
- Credit: Archant
The cast of this year’s KD Theatre Productions pantomime at The Maltings have completed rehearsals and are now in the venue preparing for their opening performance of Dick Whittington on December 13.
An expected 10,000 people will come through the doors this Christmas to see the seventh professional pantomime, which is produced by Katherine Hickmottt and Daniel Bell who also write, direct and choreograph the production.
Daniel Bell said: "I believe we have created our most hilarious, energetic and visually stunning pantomime to date. Every year, the pressure is on to create the pantomime that our city deserves.'
Heading up the cast is Ely's favourite pantomime comedian Terry Gauci as 'Dame Sarah Sweet Tooth' alongside a professional cast of musical theatre and pantomime professionals.
Katherine Hickmott said: "This year we've invested in new sets and costumes made especially for the production. We can't wait to see it all come together and share our show with the people of Ely.'
You may also want to watch:
Dick Whittington, sponsored by Cheffins runs until January 4. Tickets via www.kdtheatre.co.uk or by calling 01353 725 026.
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 5 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 6 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 7 People power brings about changes to £800,000 roundabout scheme
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby