John Simenon to talk at St Mary’s Church, Ely for debut Simenon Supper Club
- Credit: Archant
The first Simenon Supper Club is being held by Topping Booksellers on Tuesday November 8.
Taking place at St Mary’s Church, Ely, John Simenon will speak at the dinner about the ‘wonderful culinary descriptions in Maigret and his father’s love of good food’.
“The rich and wonderfully evocative descriptions of food in the Inspector Maigret books are such an important part of his world and this is a really exciting chance to bring this to life,” say organisers.
“The popularity of these novels only grows, with one billion books sold worldwide and two new ITV films with Rowan Atkinson coming in the new year.”
Guests will have the chance to sample three classic dishes from the books and discuss the role (and joy) of food in literature.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets; £25 (with £10 redeemable against Maigret related books) available from
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
Doors open at 6.45pm for a 7.30pm start.