John Simenon to talk at St Mary’s Church, Ely for debut Simenon Supper Club
- Credit: Archant
The first Simenon Supper Club is being held by Topping Booksellers on Tuesday November 8.
Taking place at St Mary’s Church, Ely, John Simenon will speak at the dinner about the ‘wonderful culinary descriptions in Maigret and his father’s love of good food’.
“The rich and wonderfully evocative descriptions of food in the Inspector Maigret books are such an important part of his world and this is a really exciting chance to bring this to life,” say organisers.
“The popularity of these novels only grows, with one billion books sold worldwide and two new ITV films with Rowan Atkinson coming in the new year.”
Guests will have the chance to sample three classic dishes from the books and discuss the role (and joy) of food in literature.
Tickets; £25 (with £10 redeemable against Maigret related books) available from
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 3 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 6 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 7 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 8 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 9 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 10 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
Doors open at 6.45pm for a 7.30pm start.