Littleport artist’s winter-inspired original piece on Welney shortlisted in regional competition
- Credit: Archant
An original piece of work by an artist from Cambridgeshire has been shortlisted in a regional winter-inspired competition.
Jo German of Littleport created artwork of Welney using pyrography and leather and has been shortlisted in candle show Cosy Owl's contest.
Judges whittled entries down to just 15 and artwork has been sent in from all over the East of England, from Norwich to Hinderclay in Suffolk.
Ms German said: "I chose Welney, it is a place of natural beauty especially in the winter when the swans choose to visit the Wildfowl Trust for their winter feeds.
"I used pyrography and leather to create my piece."
You may also want to watch:
An organiser said: "Across the East of England, we have seen some truly fantastic artistic creations.
"It has been a challenge to shortlist the top 15 entries. However, they are included on our website for you to see and are listed in no particular order. Winners will be announced on February 10."
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 4 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 8 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table