Step inside IWM Duxford’s Avro Lancaster bomber this October half term
- Credit: Archant
This October half term (Monday 23 to Friday 27), step inside the iconic Avro Lancaster Bomber at IWM Duxford and discover how the aircraft played a major role in the Second World War.
Renowned for its role in the Dambuster raids, the Lancaster is one of the most instantly recognisable bombers produced during the Second World War. The Lancaster is on display in IWM Duxford’s AirSpace exhibition and is one of the few that remain today.
Families can get hands-on with history, hear our fascinating talks and explore the cramped interior crews worked in when completing their missions. These duties included providing humanitarian aid to the occupied Netherlands dropping 7,000 tonnes of food supplies into the country at the end of the Second World War.
This unique experience aboard an iconic aircraft is not to be missed.
There will be talks at 11am and aircraft viewing from 11.30am to 3.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.iwm.org.uk/visits/iwm-duxford for more info.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 5 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools