It’s Shakespeare...but not as we know it!
- Credit: Archant
The Reduced Shakespeare Company is coming to Ely as part of its summer tour of the country.
A three-man comedy troupe featuring Adam Long, Daniel Singer and Jess Winfield, the Reduced Shakespeare Company takes long, serious subjects and reduces them to short, sharp comedies.
Since 1981, the group has created eight stage shows, two television specials, several failed TV pilots and numerous radio pieces.
The company’s first three shows, The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged), The Complete History of America (abridged) and The Bible: The Complete Word of God (abridged) enjoyed a nine-year run at the Criterion Theatre, in Piccadilly Circus.
Not only were they London’s longest-running comedies, but at one point the Reduced Shakespeare Company had more shows running in the West End than Andrew Lloyd Webber.
You may also want to watch:
The company is coming to the Maltings, in Ely, on Saturday, June 27, with a production of The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged).
For more information, and tickets, call the box office on 01353 616991.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash