It’s back! Swishing events return to Ely
- Credit: Archant
Swishing is set to make a comeback in Ely.
The popular clothes swapping event is relaunching tonight (February 5) at Bar 62, in Newnham Street, Ely.
Check in starts at 7.30pm, with swishing getting under way at 8.30pm.
Ruth Buckley said: “Swishing is a fun and environmentally friendly way of decluttering your wardrobe of unworn items and exchanging them for beautiful new ones.”
Ms Buckley added: “All you need to do is bring around five items of beautiful yet unwanted clothes, handbags, scarves, accessories and unworn shoes. These must be in a good wearable condition, ironed and clean.
You may also want to watch:
“Swap them for points and then wait for the rails to fill up with the other swishers items while you relax with a drink.”
Membership cost £5 for a year or one-off entry is available for £3.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
For further details call Ms Buckley on 07941 342574.