Valentine’s event singing about love to raise money for a toilet
- Credit: Archant
Love is in the air for a Valentine’s concert coming to Witchford this Friday.
The Isle Singers, a small ladies choir, perform in St Andrew’s Hall, Witchford, on Friday 15.
The programme includes favourite romantic songs like ‘Always on my Mind’, ‘The Very Thought of You’. ‘If I loved you’, ‘All I have to do is dream’, ‘When I’m 64’. ‘Moon River’ and ‘My Guy’.
The choir will be joined by Phil and Laurine who audiences enjoyed in a previous event in the hall.
The concert is raising money for the hall extension fund for installing an accessible toilet and refreshment facilities in the church, so that people do not have to cross the road for these facilities.
You may also want to watch:
The aim is to make the building an easily accessible venue for use by the whole community.
Refreshments will be served at the interval.
- 1 Parish council protests after developers switch care home for homes
- 2 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 3 Parish council fails to win vote of confidence
- 4 Charity shop ‘urgently appealing’ for volunteers after reopening
- 5 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
- 6 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 7 OBE for former King's Ely principal
- 8 Ely’s most famous cat is back for more adventures
- 9 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 10 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
• Tickets cost £5 and are available from Witchford Post Office or bought on the door.