Valentine’s event singing about love to raise money for a toilet
- Credit: Archant
Love is in the air for a Valentine’s concert coming to Witchford this Friday.
The Isle Singers, a small ladies choir, perform in St Andrew’s Hall, Witchford, on Friday 15.
The programme includes favourite romantic songs like ‘Always on my Mind’, ‘The Very Thought of You’. ‘If I loved you’, ‘All I have to do is dream’, ‘When I’m 64’. ‘Moon River’ and ‘My Guy’.
The choir will be joined by Phil and Laurine who audiences enjoyed in a previous event in the hall.
The concert is raising money for the hall extension fund for installing an accessible toilet and refreshment facilities in the church, so that people do not have to cross the road for these facilities.
You may also want to watch:
The aim is to make the building an easily accessible venue for use by the whole community.
Refreshments will be served at the interval.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 3 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 4 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 5 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 6 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 8 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 9 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 10 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
• Tickets cost £5 and are available from Witchford Post Office or bought on the door.