Valentine’s event singing about love to raise money for a toilet
- Credit: Archant
Love is in the air for a Valentine’s concert coming to Witchford this Friday.
The Isle Singers, a small ladies choir, perform in St Andrew’s Hall, Witchford, on Friday 15.
The programme includes favourite romantic songs like ‘Always on my Mind’, ‘The Very Thought of You’. ‘If I loved you’, ‘All I have to do is dream’, ‘When I’m 64’. ‘Moon River’ and ‘My Guy’.
The choir will be joined by Phil and Laurine who audiences enjoyed in a previous event in the hall.
The concert is raising money for the hall extension fund for installing an accessible toilet and refreshment facilities in the church, so that people do not have to cross the road for these facilities.
The aim is to make the building an easily accessible venue for use by the whole community.
Refreshments will be served at the interval.
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 9 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 10 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
• Tickets cost £5 and are available from Witchford Post Office or bought on the door.