Isle of Ely Arts Festival Players to perfom ‘Behind the Scenes’ in Wicken and Little Downham
- Credit: Archant
The Isle of Ely Arts Festival Players return this year with ‘a wonderfully written local farce’.
“Behind the Scenes tells the story of a small Fen village theatre group putting on a pantomime,” say the group.
“Drawing on the author’s experience in amateur dramatics, and her familiarity with pantomime, the result is a touching comedy that makes audiences both laugh and cry.
“Despite all the dramas and crises, the show must go on.”
The performances take place on the following dates:
You may also want to watch:
Friday 16 June
The Beeches, Isleham
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
Saturday 17 June
Wicken Village Hall
Friday 23 June
Little Downham Village Hall
Saturday 24 June
Witcham Village Hall
Tickets cost £5 each and are available on the door or online via http://www.babylonarts.org.uk/events.htm