Innovation Music returns to Babylon Arts, Ely, with performances from Last Place Heroes, Suzi Jodie, Asbestos, James Scarle and Josh Aitken
- Credit: Archant
As a way of shining the spotlight on local talent, the fourth Innovation Music night will be held at Babylon Arts on Friday February 19.
The event will feature live musical performances from local acts including Last Place Heroes, Suzi Jodie, Asbestos, James Scarle and Josh Aitken.
As well as supporting local musicians, the Innovation nights test out local venues.
Nathan Jones, of ADeC who are supporting the event, said: “It has been fantastic to be able to offer young people a regular series of professional events where they can showcase and develop their skills.
“It’s been wonderful to see young musicians get better and better with each show.
“On February 19 we will welcome back Josh Aitken and Suzie Jodie who made a big impression at The Maltings last month.
“The occasion will mark the first performance at an Innovation night for punk band Asbestos, so we are looking forward to seeing them in action.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 6 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 7 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 8 Students ‘over the moon’ to receive letter from The Queen during project
- 9 Inclusivity at the heart of Dr Pip's goals ahead of Ely by-election
- 10 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
“It will also be the first appearance by up and coming singer-songwriter Elle Easton.”
Tickets; £3, are available on the door or in advance from www.wegottickets.com/adec or by calling 01353 616991.
The Innovation music nights are organised by the ADeC Arts Crew to support live music in the region as part of a project funded from Youth Music.
Any local musicians wishing to perform at future Innovation nights should contact Nathan.email@example.com. All ages and musical styles are welcome.