Former history professor Norman Davies to give talk at St Peter’s Church
- Credit: Archant
Norman Davies, former professor of history at The University of London, is coming to Ely this month.
Now the author of best-selling book Vanished Kingdoms. Beneath another Sky – he will give a talk at St Peter’s Church, Broad Street, on Thursday December 7.
The book is his account of the places he visited on his circumnavigation of the globe and the history he found there, from Abu Dhabi to Singapore, the settlement of Tasmania to the short-lived Republic of Texas.
“Professor Davies sees behind the present to see how people came to tell themselves the stories which make up their identities” say hosts Topping Booksellers.
“Join us to hear him discuss the ever relevant topics of migration and national identity.”
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 7.10pm for a 7.30pm start.
Visit www.toppingbooks.co.uk for more information and to book.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache