‘Hilarious, situational comedy’ Invincible is coming to the Cambridge Arts Theatre stage
- Credit: Archant
Invincible, a ‘hilarious, situational comedy about the North/South divide in England, is coming to the Cambridge Arts Theatre stage next week.
Produced by the award-winning Original Theatre Company (Birdsong, Three Men in a Boat) and Torben Betts, the show is described as “riotously funny” by promoters.
“With the recession biting hard, Emily and Oliver have decided to downsize and shift their middle-class London lifestyle into a small town in the north of England,” say promoters.
“One night they open their doors and invite their next door neighbours, Dawn and Alan, into their home.
“Over the course of a disastrous evening of olives, anchovies, Karl Marx and abstract art; class and culture collide where the consequences are as tragic as they are hilarious.”
You may also want to watch:
Invincible is on stage from Wednesday 1 to Saturday 4 March for a range of 2.30pm and 7.45pm performances.
Tickets; £18-£33 (including a £3-per-ticket booking fee), are available from www.cambridgeartstheatre.com/whats-on/invincible or by calling the box office on 01223 503333.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion