Hi-de-Hi! Ely Amateur Dramatic Society prepares to stage latest production
- Credit: Archant
Following a successful 125th anniversary year, Ely Amateur Dramatic Society is preparing for its next big production - Hi-de-Hi!
It’s the start of a new season and founder Joe Maplin announces that he is setting up a camp in the Bahamas.
He needs female yellowcoats to go and work out there and the annual ‘Miss Yellowcoat’ competition will decide who is to go.
Rivalry between the girls is fierce, with Sylvia and Gladys joint frontrunners to win the coveted yellow sash.
Performances take from February 20-22 at Needhams Hall, Ely College, in Downham Road, Ely. They start at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £8 and can be purchased from Burrows Bookshop, Ely, by calling 01353 669759.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash