Have a tipple or two at Wicken Beer Festival
- Credit: Archant
The popular Wicken Beer Festival returns in May for its 11th year.
An enthusiastic bunch of villagers and the recreation ground committee kicked the event off in 2004, aiming to raise funds to improve the recreation ground in the village. Since then, the festival has raised more than £30,000 with all proceeds helping towards the ongoing development of the multi use games area and the play areas.
This year the festival is taking place from 4pm on Saturday, May 16.
A spokesman for the festival said: “We will have an excellent variety of beers from around the UK as well as locally produced and award winning Pickled Pig Cider, from Stretham, and Spinney Abbey Cider, from Wicken.
“When you get hungry we will be serving up Wicken’s own Tylers sausages and burgers, and we would recommend adding a dollop of Bob’s Special Sauce. Soft drinks and crisps will also be available.”
You may also want to watch:
A line up of local bands this year completes the festival, including True Pacific and The 142s.
Entry to the festival and parking are free.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
For more information, visit WickenBeerFestival.co.uk