Harvest Festival weekend at Ely Cathedral is almost here
- Credit: Archant
The theme for this year’s Harvest Festival weekend at Ely Cathedral is ‘the water of life’.
The festival begins with the annual harvest supper on Friday (October 13) at 7pm in the Lady Chapel with musical entertainment.
Tickets, which cost £10 for adults and £5 for children/unwaged, are available online at tickets.elycathedral.org or from Ely Cathedral box office via 01353 660349 (Mon-Sat 9.30am-4pm) or email: email@example.com
On Saturday floral, food and farming displays will be open between 10am and 5pm. Evensong takes place at 5.30pm.
The Harvest Sung Eucharist on Sunday, sung by the boy choristers and the Ely Imps, takes place at 10.30am. The displays will be open between 10am and 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
At 4pm there’s a harvest ‘Songs of Praise’ and civic service with the presentation of harvest gifts as a thanksgiving for Harvest Home.
On Monday from 9.30am ‘produce’ will be on sale at the west end of the nave.
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 4 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 7 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 8 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 9 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 10 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
This year’s supported charities are Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution (RIBI) with produce donated to The Food Bank.
Admission to the cathedral throughout the Harvest Festival weekend is free.
For more information contact Sallyann Ford on 01353 660361 or email firstname.lastname@example.org