Harvest Festival weekend at Ely Cathedral is almost here
- Credit: Archant
The theme for this year’s Harvest Festival weekend at Ely Cathedral is ‘the water of life’.
The festival begins with the annual harvest supper on Friday (October 13) at 7pm in the Lady Chapel with musical entertainment.
Tickets, which cost £10 for adults and £5 for children/unwaged, are available online at tickets.elycathedral.org or from Ely Cathedral box office via 01353 660349 (Mon-Sat 9.30am-4pm) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Saturday floral, food and farming displays will be open between 10am and 5pm. Evensong takes place at 5.30pm.
The Harvest Sung Eucharist on Sunday, sung by the boy choristers and the Ely Imps, takes place at 10.30am. The displays will be open between 10am and 4pm.
At 4pm there’s a harvest ‘Songs of Praise’ and civic service with the presentation of harvest gifts as a thanksgiving for Harvest Home.
On Monday from 9.30am ‘produce’ will be on sale at the west end of the nave.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 3 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 4 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Plea to give beloved Reba 'best fighting chance'
- 9 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
- 10 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
This year’s supported charities are Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution (RIBI) with produce donated to The Food Bank.
Admission to the cathedral throughout the Harvest Festival weekend is free.
For more information contact Sallyann Ford on 01353 660361 or email email@example.com