Harvest Festival weekend at Ely Cathedral is almost here
- Credit: Archant
The theme for this year’s Harvest Festival weekend at Ely Cathedral is ‘the water of life’.
The festival begins with the annual harvest supper on Friday (October 13) at 7pm in the Lady Chapel with musical entertainment.
Tickets, which cost £10 for adults and £5 for children/unwaged, are available online at tickets.elycathedral.org or from Ely Cathedral box office via 01353 660349 (Mon-Sat 9.30am-4pm) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Saturday floral, food and farming displays will be open between 10am and 5pm. Evensong takes place at 5.30pm.
The Harvest Sung Eucharist on Sunday, sung by the boy choristers and the Ely Imps, takes place at 10.30am. The displays will be open between 10am and 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
At 4pm there’s a harvest ‘Songs of Praise’ and civic service with the presentation of harvest gifts as a thanksgiving for Harvest Home.
On Monday from 9.30am ‘produce’ will be on sale at the west end of the nave.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
This year’s supported charities are Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution (RIBI) with produce donated to The Food Bank.
Admission to the cathedral throughout the Harvest Festival weekend is free.
For more information contact Sallyann Ford on 01353 660361 or email email@example.com