Harvest Festival weekend at Ely Cathedral is almost here
- Credit: Archant
The theme for this year’s Harvest Festival weekend at Ely Cathedral is ‘the water of life’.
The festival begins with the annual harvest supper on Friday (October 13) at 7pm in the Lady Chapel with musical entertainment.
Tickets, which cost £10 for adults and £5 for children/unwaged, are available online at tickets.elycathedral.org or from Ely Cathedral box office via 01353 660349 (Mon-Sat 9.30am-4pm) or email: email@example.com
On Saturday floral, food and farming displays will be open between 10am and 5pm. Evensong takes place at 5.30pm.
The Harvest Sung Eucharist on Sunday, sung by the boy choristers and the Ely Imps, takes place at 10.30am. The displays will be open between 10am and 4pm.
At 4pm there’s a harvest ‘Songs of Praise’ and civic service with the presentation of harvest gifts as a thanksgiving for Harvest Home.
On Monday from 9.30am ‘produce’ will be on sale at the west end of the nave.
- 1 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 2 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 3 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 6 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Here’s what you can expect at Ely Folk Festival 2022
- 10 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
This year’s supported charities are Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution (RIBI) with produce donated to The Food Bank.
Admission to the cathedral throughout the Harvest Festival weekend is free.
For more information contact Sallyann Ford on 01353 660361 or email firstname.lastname@example.org