Hammer and Tongue poetry slam comes to Cambridge Junction in January
- Credit: Archant
Spoken word artistry and competitive fervour will combine when Hammer and Tongue comes to the Cambridge Junction in January.
The event offers people the chance to become part of the national poetry slam phenomenon, which has been running since 2009.
Organisers say ‘sign up to compete, become a judge, or soak up the atmosphere’.
The event will be hosted by Fay Roberts, a Cambridge-based poet, musician, and ‘unrepentant geek’.
Hammer and Tongue takes place on Friday 8 January in The Junction’s J3 room.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £7.50, £6 (concessions) and £4 (Slammer ticket in advance).
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident