David Bowie exhibition coming to arts centre that received £25k Covid grant
- Credit: CAROLINE CAWLEY
‘5 Years: To The Power of Bowie’, which opens on May 1, features limited edition prints and affordable work by a collection of artists.
It has been curated by Hypergallery's Vincent McEvoy and Emily Clement.
Caroline Cawley, arts centre manager, said: "We’re looking forward to re-opening on Tuesday April 13 and welcoming people back into our community arts centre.
"This funding will help us to reconnect with audiences, communities and artists, as lockdown eases.
"It’s been a tough year for all of us and we’re very grateful for this lifeline funding to help us get back on our feet."
You may also want to watch:
Caroline added that the arts centre's plans for the next few months include workshops, community events and performances and that many are free or at ‘pay what you can afford prices’.
The money has been awarded from the government’s £1.57 billion culture recovery fund to help the museum recover and reopen following the Covid-19 lockdown.
- 1 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 8 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
For more details of what’s on visit www.haddenhamartscentre.org.uk