Novelist Guinevere Glasfurd to launch new book focusing on Littleport riots
- Credit: Archant
A novelist from Waterbeach will focus on the Littleport Riots in her new book.
Guinevere Glasfurd will launch her second novel 'The Year Without Summer' at the Toppings Bookshop in Ely, outlining the Fen riots in 1816 and the global climate crisis.
Guinevere, whose debut novel 'The Words In My Hand' was shortlisted for the 2016 Costa first novel and authors' club best first novel awards, writes about individuals seeking a better future after a volcanic eruption in Indonesia in 1815.
Her latest work also focuses on how a climate catastrophe impacted on class politics while scrutinising exploitation, injustice and giving a voice to the silenced.
A Toppings spokesperson said: "We're delighted to welcome Guinevere to Toppings in Ely for a thought-provoking and enthralling evening."
You may also want to watch:
Guinevere will be attending the launch on Wednesday, February 12 starting at 7.30pm.
For more information or to book, visit https://www.toppingbooks.co.uk/events/ely/guinevere-glasfurd/.
- 1 £2m in government funding secured to explore A10 improvements
- 2 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 3 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 4 Cast announced for open-air musical in cathedral grounds
- 5 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Councillors to spend £1m in bid to tackle climate change
- 8 Hundreds of singers and musicians capture ‘Spirit of the Fens’ at concert
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Glass artist's angel wings sculpture is a poignant tribute