Guardian duo will set debate raging in Ely visit
- Credit: Archant
Guardian journalists Polly Toynbee and David Walker are appearing in Ely, next month.
The duo will be discussing the Coalition government and the run-up to this year’s General Election when they visit St Peter’s Church, in Broad Street, on March 11.
Toynbee is best known for her often scathing views about British politics and social issues which appear in her Guardian column.
Walker, another Guardian journalist, previously worked for the Audit Office. Together they have blended polls and statistics with human stories from Taunton to Teeside to produce Cameron’s Coup, a report on the performance of the coalition.
Doors to the event open at 7.10pm, with debate set to get under way at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, priced from £6-7, are available online at www.toppingbooks.co.uk or by calling 01353 645005.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car