Group announce Ely Folk Club date
- Credit: Archant
Up and coming folk group Kirsty Bromley Trio will be performing at the next meeting of Ely Folk Club.
The band is scheduled to appear at the club’s St Mary’s Street venue on Wednesday, July 15.
The band started life as a solo act, with Kirsty Bromley quickly making a name for herself on the UK folk scene.
When the bookings for festivals started to come in, Kirsty decided she would like to add another dimension to her performances so she approached three young musicians who were long-time friends from the UK folk scene; Oli Matthews, Simon Dumpleton and Philippe Barnes.
Oli joined Kirsty on the main stage at her first ever gig at Shepley Spring Festival, in 2011.
You may also want to watch:
Philippe and Simon joined in June 2011and the new band made their debut performance at Warwick Folk Festival in July 2011.
The band remains true to their traditional folk roots while bringing together traditional, jazz and contemporary music styles.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
In addition to the traditional English songs at the heart of their performances, the band also introduced their own material, in the folk style, to the mix.
The group will be joined on July 15 folk quartet Edward Alice, who hail from Cambridge.
Tickets for the show, which begins at 8pm, are priced at £9 in advance or £10 on the door. Call 664706 for more information.