GoGo Penguin bring UK tour to Cambridge Junction
- Credit: Archant
Acoustic-electronica trio GoGo Penguin will perform at the Cambridge Junction next week.
Hailing from Manchester, pianist Chris Illingworth, bassist Nick Blacka and drummer Rob Turner draw on a range of influences including Brian Eno, John Cage, Massive Attack and Aphex Twin to create ‘a brave new sound all their own’.
Expect ‘skittering break-beats, powerful sub-bass, telepathic interplay and a penchant for anthemic melody’ when they come to the venue on Friday October 28.
Their album ‘V2.0’ was nominated for the Mercury Music Prize in 2014 alongside records by Damon Albarn, Young Fathers and Jungle, whilst their latest record, ‘Man Made Object’, was released in February.
The gig will take place in J1 of the venue.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets; £16 per person available from http://www.junction.co.uk/gogo-penguin or by calling the box office: 01223 511 511.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 5 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools