Get set for this year’s Soham Beer and Music Festival
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Soham Beer and Music Festival organised by the Soham Staploe Rotary Club takes place from July 4-5 on the recreation ground between Fountain Lane and Gardeners Lane.
As always there will be a varied selection of real ales together with the excellent ciders from Spinney Abbey. The scouts will again be toiling away at their barbeque helping to mop up the drink with burgers and hot dogs.
This year, the event is being held in support of the Liam Fairhurst Foundation, remembering Soham’s courageous teenager.
Music will be provided by acts that use the facilities of Soham’s Blue Shed Studios, which will be providing the sound and public address equipment.
On Friday, from 5pm, Blue Thunder, Akimbo, Basket Case and 27 Not Out will be performing while on Saturday, from 1pm, Wasteland Angels, Michael Antony, Learning to Fly, The Off-Beats and Fenland Jam will keep the party going.
You may also want to watch:
At 6.30pm, on Saturday, TV auctioneer and honorary Soham Rotarian, David Palmer, will be conducting an auction in aid of Soham’s newest school with one of the oldest school names, The Shade Primary.
The date of the festival’s first day, July 4, is especially appropriate as the chair of the organising committee, Rotarian Bruce Golson, is a US national. Bruce is a civilian pilot instructor with the USAF. As always entry will be free
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 4 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 5 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 6 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000