Get set for return of cathedral’s Christmas fair
- Credit: Archant
Ely Cathedral is preparing to host its third Christmas Gift and Food Fair.
The event is taking place from November 14-15, with a special preview evening at 6.30pm on November 13.
Throughout the two-day fair there will be seasonal floral presentations by expert florists and cookery demonstrations from regional chefs including celebrity cook Galton Blackiston from the highly acclaimed Morston Hall.
Musical entertainment will be provided by local choirs.
On Saturday, Cross Green adjacent to the Cathedral will be adorned with a vintage carousel, roasting chestnuts plus reindeer and Christmas elves.
More than 120 exhibitors will be located in the interior of this magnificent building, which is widely acknowledged as one of the wonders of the mediaeval world.
The popular festive food hall in the 14th Century Lady Chapel will be offering its usual array of edible delights from local producers and traders.
- 1 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 2 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 3 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 4 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 5 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 6 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
- 7 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 8 Headteacher ‘extremely proud’ after school receives games mark award
- 9 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 10 Development plans submitted for next phase of Cambridge North
There will be plenty of activities for children, especially on the Saturday, with free Christmas Craft workshops, face painting, vintage carousel plus reindeer from the Norfolk reindeer and elves!
In additional to all the delicacies available to buy in the food halls, there is a specially themed café marquee providing refreshments and light lunches throughout the two day event. On Saturday visitors can enjoy a medieval style ox roast on Cross Green.
Admission to the fair is £3 including an event guide. Tickets for the preview evening are limited and priced at £5 which includes mulled wine and mince pies.
Tickets available online at tickets.elycathedral.org or from the cathedral box office on 01353 660349. Call 01353 660359 for further information.