Get set for return of cathedral’s Christmas fair
- Credit: Archant
Ely Cathedral is preparing to host its third Christmas Gift and Food Fair.
The event is taking place from November 14-15, with a special preview evening at 6.30pm on November 13.
Throughout the two-day fair there will be seasonal floral presentations by expert florists and cookery demonstrations from regional chefs including celebrity cook Galton Blackiston from the highly acclaimed Morston Hall.
Musical entertainment will be provided by local choirs.
On Saturday, Cross Green adjacent to the Cathedral will be adorned with a vintage carousel, roasting chestnuts plus reindeer and Christmas elves.
You may also want to watch:
More than 120 exhibitors will be located in the interior of this magnificent building, which is widely acknowledged as one of the wonders of the mediaeval world.
The popular festive food hall in the 14th Century Lady Chapel will be offering its usual array of edible delights from local producers and traders.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
There will be plenty of activities for children, especially on the Saturday, with free Christmas Craft workshops, face painting, vintage carousel plus reindeer from the Norfolk reindeer and elves!
In additional to all the delicacies available to buy in the food halls, there is a specially themed café marquee providing refreshments and light lunches throughout the two day event. On Saturday visitors can enjoy a medieval style ox roast on Cross Green.
Admission to the fair is £3 including an event guide. Tickets for the preview evening are limited and priced at £5 which includes mulled wine and mince pies.
Tickets available online at tickets.elycathedral.org or from the cathedral box office on 01353 660349. Call 01353 660359 for further information.