Get set for Boxing Day at the races
- Credit: Archant
Up to 8,000 people are set to descend on Huntingdon Racecourse for the annual Boxing Day races.
As well as a packed programme of racing, there will be mulled wine and roast chestnuts to add to the Christmassy atmosphere.
All adults who wear a Christmas jumper will receive a voucher for a half price glass of mulled wine.
Prices on the day will start at £10 for adults – with savings available for advance purchase. All accompanied under 18s are admitted free of charge.
The gates of the racecourse will open from 10.15am when the fun begins for a first race time of 12.15pm. The finale is at 3pm. Five of the six jumps races are sponsored by Boongate Kia.
You may also want to watch:
Nadia Gollings, from Huntingdon Racecourse, said: “We’re all geared up for a great Christmas day out with our Boongate Kia Family Boxing Day. It is always among our most popular racing days of the year.
“We are looking forward to a great day – which is such a part of local Christmas celebrations.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 10 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
Call the ticket hotline on 0844 579 3007 or purchase tickets at the gate.