Get set for Boxing Day at the races
- Credit: Archant
Up to 8,000 people are set to descend on Huntingdon Racecourse for the annual Boxing Day races.
As well as a packed programme of racing, there will be mulled wine and roast chestnuts to add to the Christmassy atmosphere.
All adults who wear a Christmas jumper will receive a voucher for a half price glass of mulled wine.
Prices on the day will start at £10 for adults – with savings available for advance purchase. All accompanied under 18s are admitted free of charge.
The gates of the racecourse will open from 10.15am when the fun begins for a first race time of 12.15pm. The finale is at 3pm. Five of the six jumps races are sponsored by Boongate Kia.
Nadia Gollings, from Huntingdon Racecourse, said: “We’re all geared up for a great Christmas day out with our Boongate Kia Family Boxing Day. It is always among our most popular racing days of the year.
“We are looking forward to a great day – which is such a part of local Christmas celebrations.”
- 1 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 2 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 3 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 4 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 5 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 6 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Call the ticket hotline on 0844 579 3007 or purchase tickets at the gate.