Sixties legends Gerry and the Pacemakers to perform at the Peterborough Cresset
- Credit: Archant
This February sees one of the biggest ever line ups of 60s artists to visit The Cresset in Peterborough with bands that have enjoyed worldwide record success.
Topping the bill is Gerry & The Pacemakers who had hits with such songs as “I Like it”, and “Ferry Across the Mersey”... Gerry is one of the stalwarts of the 60s scene, a true icon.
Joining Gerry on the bill will be Brian Poole. Back in the 60’s Brian enjoyed top ten hits with “Do you Love me” and “Twist and Shout”.
Special guests will be the Joe Meek recording sensation The Tornados who enjoyed a worldwide million selling record success with the instrumental “Telstar”.
Vanity Fare visited the Cresset a while ago and are one of the most talented 60s bands on the road today... their hits include “Hitchin’ a Ride”, “Early in the Morning” and “Live for the Sun”.
You may also want to watch:
Also making an appearance will be Love Affair’s Steve Ellis – who enjoyed a string of hits including “Everlasting Love”, “A Day Without Love” and “Bring on Back the Good Times”.
The East of England’s own Sounds Force 5 also return to the Cresset. They were one of the most popular bands in Peterborough in the 60s, regularly appearing at the Peterborough Palais with bands such as The Small Faces.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
Sounds Force 5 features Bob Pate on bass, who enjoyed chart success with the city’s famous Barry Dean and The Problems.
Get your tickets now, for what is to be an evening of non-stop 60s hits. Call 01733 265705 or visit www.cresset.co.uk to book.