Gate Theatre brings Grounded to the Junction
- Credit: Archant
Award winning group Gate Theatre has teamed up with Beckie Darlington for a brand new production, Grounded.
The play is coming to the Junction, in Cambridge, on Wednesday, February 18, as part of a nationwide tour.
Grounded tells the story of a hot-rod F16 fighter pilot who falls pregnant, bringing her career in the sky to an immediate halt.
Now, she sits in an air-conditioned trailer in Las Vegas flying remote-controlled drones over the Middle East. She struggles through surreal 12-hour shifts far from the battlefield, hunting terrorists by day and being a wife and mother by night.
A spokesman for the Junction said: “A gripping, compulsive new play that flies from the heights of lyricism to the shallows of workaday existence, and targets our assumptions about war, family, and what it is to be a woman.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, priced at £12, and £8 for concessions, are available by calling 01223 511511 or going online at www.junction.co.uk
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 6 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 9 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress