Gary Desmond and Katharina Nohl to perfom solo concerts at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
Gary Desmond, deputy organist at Bath Abbey, will perform a solo organ recital at Ely Cathedral on Sunday September 3.
Gary Desmond first studied the organ with Clifford Harker at Bristol Cathedral and then spent four years at the Royal Academy of Music with Douglas Hawkridge (organ) and Roy Jesson (piano). After leaving the Academy, he became a pupil of Susi Jeans and has since studied with David Sanger and David Briggs.
He is now a freelance recitalist, accompanist and teacher.
The concert, which is the last in the series of ‘Sunday Organ Recitals’, will start at 5.15pm.
Admission is free but there will be a retiring collection.
You may also want to watch:
Then, on Thursday September 7, pianist Katharina Nohl will perform a solo lunchtime concert.
Admission by cathedral ticket or pass. There will be a retiring collection.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
For details about these or any other event contact Ely Cathedral Box Office on 01353 660349 (Mon-Sat 9.30am-4pm) or email: email@example.com