Gary Desmond and Katharina Nohl to perfom solo concerts at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
Gary Desmond, deputy organist at Bath Abbey, will perform a solo organ recital at Ely Cathedral on Sunday September 3.
Gary Desmond first studied the organ with Clifford Harker at Bristol Cathedral and then spent four years at the Royal Academy of Music with Douglas Hawkridge (organ) and Roy Jesson (piano). After leaving the Academy, he became a pupil of Susi Jeans and has since studied with David Sanger and David Briggs.
He is now a freelance recitalist, accompanist and teacher.
The concert, which is the last in the series of ‘Sunday Organ Recitals’, will start at 5.15pm.
Admission is free but there will be a retiring collection.
Then, on Thursday September 7, pianist Katharina Nohl will perform a solo lunchtime concert.
Admission by cathedral ticket or pass. There will be a retiring collection.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 6 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 7 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 8 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 9 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 10 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
For details about these or any other event contact Ely Cathedral Box Office on 01353 660349 (Mon-Sat 9.30am-4pm) or email: email@example.com