GALLERY: Comedy night in aid of Burwell Carnival raises more than £1,5000
- Credit: Archant
A sell out comedy night in Burwell raised more than £1,500 for next year’s village carnival.
Compere was Gary Coleman, and comedians on stage were James Sherwood, Zahra Barri and John Simmit.
Burwell Carnival Committee spokesman Peter Lancaster said: “We’d like to thank all our raffle prize contributors, including The Fox, Manchetts Budgens, The Five Bells and Burwell Post Office.”
The carnival committee is looking for new committee members for 2014.
Mr Lancaster added: “We need to recruit new committee members to join us for 2014 as some of the existing committee have unfortunately stepped down after a number of loyal years of service.
“We’re so very grateful to Chris Peters and Denise Hassall, our former field and commercial stalls co-ordinators, and Ian Clemson for leading the programme/sponsorship team, their expertise and knowledge will be much missed.”
The committee urgently needs a commercial stalls co-ordinator.
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
“If you’d like to have fun putting something back into the community, without being aligned to any one particular group, do please consider joining us so that we can continue this great family fun day event. Without your help and support, the carnival can’t function.”
The next fund raising comedy night is on April 26 next year, and the 2014 carnival takes place on June 28.
For more information: https://www.facebook.com/BurwellCarnival