GALLERY: Comedy night in aid of Burwell Carnival raises more than £1,5000
- Credit: Archant
A sell out comedy night in Burwell raised more than £1,500 for next year’s village carnival.
Compere was Gary Coleman, and comedians on stage were James Sherwood, Zahra Barri and John Simmit.
Burwell Carnival Committee spokesman Peter Lancaster said: “We’d like to thank all our raffle prize contributors, including The Fox, Manchetts Budgens, The Five Bells and Burwell Post Office.”
The carnival committee is looking for new committee members for 2014.
Mr Lancaster added: “We need to recruit new committee members to join us for 2014 as some of the existing committee have unfortunately stepped down after a number of loyal years of service.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re so very grateful to Chris Peters and Denise Hassall, our former field and commercial stalls co-ordinators, and Ian Clemson for leading the programme/sponsorship team, their expertise and knowledge will be much missed.”
The committee urgently needs a commercial stalls co-ordinator.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
“If you’d like to have fun putting something back into the community, without being aligned to any one particular group, do please consider joining us so that we can continue this great family fun day event. Without your help and support, the carnival can’t function.”
The next fund raising comedy night is on April 26 next year, and the 2014 carnival takes place on June 28.
For more information: https://www.facebook.com/BurwellCarnival