Freddie Hall in a special one-off performance in Soham
- Credit: Archant
American soul singer Freddie Hall is bringing his band to Soham for a special one-off performance.
A combination of Motown, soul and R&B featuring the best music of the 60s and 70s, Freddie Hall has performed on the Las Vegas strip and with many well-known musicians such as James Montgomery, The Temptations, Aretha Franklin and Gladys Knight.
Originally from New York, Freddie is now based in Huntingdon, performing to an international audience; most recently visiting Prague in April and Belgrade in July. The band reached a wider local audience when they excited a huge outdoor crowd at the Cambridge Big Free Weekend 2011 and again at the Music Extravaganza held on Parker’s Piece in June 2012.
Previously Freddie came solo to Soham as part of a performance by the Three Degrees. For the 20th anniversary celebrations of Littleport based Branching Out, Freddie has agreed to bring his entire five-piece band to perform in support of the charity, for a cause that is close to his professional heart.
The Freddie Hall Band creates a party atmosphere to make a memorable evening of entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
The band is due to take the stage at The Brook, in Soham, on Friday, September 12, from 8pm. Bar snacks available from 6pm.
Tickets, £12 each, are now on sale at the box office on 01353 721748 or online at www.brookentertainment.co.uk
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash