Former politician Jeffrey Archer set to appear in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Best-selling author Jeffrey Archer is coming to Ely to talk about his new book Mightier than the Sword.
The former Conservative politician will be in Ely’s St Peter’s Church, in Broad Street, on Friday, April 24, at 7.30pm.
Since publishing his first novel, in 1976, Archer has produced more than 25 titles and sold more than 270 million copies around the world, in 97 countries and more than 37 languages.
A spokesman for Topping and Company Booksellers, which is hosting the event, said: “Mightier Than The Sword opens with an IRA bomb exploding, and continues at pace as Lord Archer tells his story with his usual wit and verve.
“All his trademark twists and turns are employed as the story of the Clifton and Barrington families continues in this, the author’s most accomplished novel to date.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted to welcome Lord Archer to Ely to celebrate the publication of the latest instalment of the Clifton Chronicles. Join us for a riveting evening with one of our country’s foremost raconteurs.”
Tickets for the event, priced at £6, are available from the shop, in High Street, Ely, or by calling 01353 645005.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station