Former EastEnders actor Paul Nicholas will play King Rat in Dick Whittington and His Cat at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Former EastEnders’ bad boy Paul Nicholas will lead the cast of the 2016 family pantomime at the Cambridge Arts Theatre.
The BAFTA nominated Just Good Friends star will play the despicable and cunning baddie King Rat in Dick Whittington and His Cat.
Paul will be spending Christmas in Cambridge to wreak havoc in true panto style.
Speaking of his upcoming role, Paul said: “It’s more fun to play villains than goodies. When I was young, I played all the goodies, but it’s so much more fun to be booed because you always get a reaction. It’s easier to be nasty than nice.”
Paul is joined by Matt Crosby, who makes a welcome return to the Arts Theatre stage to play Sarah the cook alongside Rob Rees as Idle Jack and Holly Easterbrook in the title role of Dick Whittington.
You may also want to watch:
Dick Whittington opens on December 1 and runs until January 8, 2017. Tickets are priced from £14- £39 and are available from the box office on 01223 503333 or online at: www.cambridgeartstheatre.com
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station