Fordham car boot sale is raising funds for Macmillan
- Credit: Archant
East Cambridgeshire’s largest car boot sale is hosting a charity day in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support on August 17.
Representatives from Macmillan will be at Fordham Car Boot Sale collecting much-needed funds for the charity.
So far this year, the car boot crowd has helped raise more than £4,000 for good causes and event organiser Richard Taylor, hopes visitors will dig deep to add a more pennies on Sunday.
Mr Taylor, said: “There is everything on hand at the car boot sale to make it an enjoyable day, so why don’t you come and do one or just look around for some bargains.
“With free entry and parking plus flush toilets and blue badge parking it is easy to find just follow the signs around the village which is three miles from the A14 between Newmarket and Soham on the A142.
You may also want to watch:
“Also at the sale there are catering vans, plant, fruit and vegetable stalls plus children’s amusements.”
The car boot starts at 7am and continues till about 1pm.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 7 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely