£1m upgrade to revolutionise way hotel guests ‘interact’
- Credit: Holiday Inn
The Holiday Inn at Impington, Cambridge has unveiled a £1million refurbishment to showcase a new open lobby concept on the ground floor.
The hotel believes it will “revolutionise the way guests live and interact” whilst there.
The traditionally separate zones of a reception, lobby, bar, lounge, restaurant and business centre have been merged into one cohesive ‘open lobby’ space.
Key features include free high-speed Wi-Fi, a ‘To Go’ Café where food and drinks are available 24/7 and a versatile dining space with a range of seating from booths to high and low tables.
There is also a living-room style media lounge with comfy seating, games, magazines and TV and an E-Bar where guests can plug-in with lots of power points, a wireless printer and more.
You may also want to watch:
General manager Robin Hutton said: “I’m confident the open lobby will become a new hotspot for local Cambridge residents and networking groups to meet up, or just drop in for a Starbucks coffee at our new round-the-clock café.”
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table