Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- Credit: Sidney Imafidon
He’s best known in Wisbech for restoring historic Ely House – so where better than a trip to the City of Ely for councillor and public Sidney Imafidon.
And a selfie with his daughter in front of the iconic giant tea cup outside the High Flyer proved just the ticket.
Cllr Imafidon visited Ely and enjoyed watching the finishing touches put to the eight-foot-high tankard that appeared outside the pub in June.
The High Flyer re-opens in August and the iconic designs have been created by artist Neil Arms.
And the work seems to have won over residents, some of whom described it as a monstrosity and an eyesore when it was first erected.
The Alice in Wonderland theme tea cup – bought by the pub owners on E-bay – looks to become a permanent feature of the Newnham Street pub.
The pub’s owners are loving it.
- 1 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 2 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 3 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 6 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Here’s what you can expect at Ely Folk Festival 2022
- 10 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
“After the last year we wanted to add something inspirational to make sure you all have a BREW-TIFUL day,” they chirped.