Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- Credit: Sidney Imafidon
He’s best known in Wisbech for restoring historic Ely House – so where better than a trip to the City of Ely for councillor and public Sidney Imafidon.
And a selfie with his daughter in front of the iconic giant tea cup outside the High Flyer proved just the ticket.
Cllr Imafidon visited Ely and enjoyed watching the finishing touches put to the eight-foot-high tankard that appeared outside the pub in June.
The High Flyer re-opens in August and the iconic designs have been created by artist Neil Arms.
And the work seems to have won over residents, some of whom described it as a monstrosity and an eyesore when it was first erected.
You may also want to watch:
The Alice in Wonderland theme tea cup – bought by the pub owners on E-bay – looks to become a permanent feature of the Newnham Street pub.
The pub’s owners are loving it.
- 1 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Florist's 'service with a smile' marks first year of triumph
- 4 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Lucky escape for driver who 'lost control' of car
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 9 Military teenager to star on national podcast
- 10 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
“After the last year we wanted to add something inspirational to make sure you all have a BREW-TIFUL day,” they chirped.